Don’t ask. I don’t know why either.
I’d been designing a lucha libre mask for my next instalment of my webcomic Mizzle, and this happened.
I knew from the onset this piece would have looked better in acrylics, or on the computer. But I’m really keen to start experimenting more with pure ink, so I thought the practice would do me good.
It reminded me of my third drawing when I started this challenge back in October, where I learned (but since forgot) that inks are hard, and don’t look very vibrant on bog standard watercolor paper.
But I do see some minor improvement since that time, namely in the black linework laid down with a brush.
Anyway, lots of ideas now; and I guess that’s the point of this exercise.